Last updated: May 8, 2015
NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd.
NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the "Company") will handle your information it has acquired through its provision of "NAVITIME for Japan Travel" (hereinafter, the "Service") in accordance with the following regulations (hereinafter, these "Regulations").
1. Definition of Personal Information
Personal information, in these Regulations, refers to the information enumerated below:
2. Information to be Acquired
- (1) Information about individuals from which a specific individual can be identified (including information that can be easily matched with other information to identify a specific individual); and
- (2) Movement history information acquired in conjunction with a unique identifier regardless of whether or not a specific individual can be identified
The Company will acquire the information listed in each of the items below through its provision of the Service.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Of this information, the Company will handle the information that corresponds to "personal information" in accordance with these Regulations.
The Company may use the information that does not correspond to personal information in the manner prescribed in Article 11 of the "Terms of Service"
- (1) Information acquired through your direct input
- Information you have registered in connection with your use of the Service
- (My locations (locations you have specified), stations, and routes, etc.)
- (2) Information automatically acquired through your use of the Service
- (i) Information in relation to your Service usage history(functions used, time of use, search input characters, location information measured by the GPS function, etc.)
- (ii) Information in relation to your device(type of device, OS, browser type, device-specific ID, etc.)
- (iii) Information obtained through cookies(IP address, Service access history)
- (3) Information acquired through your enquiries
- (Name, phone number, e-mail address, content of the enquiry, etc.)
The Company will use personal information for the following purposes.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- (1) For operations related to the provision of the Service
- (2) To improve Service convenience
- (3) To examine the development of new services
- (4) To respond to enquiries and consultation
- (5) To deliver and display advertising
- (6) To create statistical data (data from which specific individuals cannot be identified)
- (7) For operations related to the protection of privacy
- (8) To make contact when necessary to protect life, physical safety and property
- (9) For the survey and analysis of foreign tourists visiting Japan
The Company will not provide your personal information to any third party. However, this shall not apply in the following circumstances:
5. Outsourcing of the Handling of Personal Information
- (1) When you have provided your consent to disclosure
- (2) When consigning the handling of personal information, in part or whole, to a third party in accordance with the provisions set forth in the following Article (Outsourcing of the Handling of Personal Information)
- (3) When providing personal information along with merger or the succession of business for any other reason
- (4) When the provision of information is permitted by laws and regulations or when the Company is obligated to provide information by laws and regulations or a court
The Company may consign the handling of personal information, in part or whole, to a third party within the scope necessary to manage the information obtained from customers in relation to the Service, respond to enquiries and consultation from customers, engage in operations arising in relation to purchase of the Service by customers and to achieve the purposes set forth in Article 3 (Purpose of Use of Personal Information).
7. Request for Disclosure
- (2) Use of information collection modules
The Company uses the following information collection modules to analyze access to and usage of the Service. The information related to the use of the Service collected through these information collection modules does not identify individuals nor is it used for the same purpose.
The Company will respond to the following requests from you or your agent in relation to your "personal information subject to disclosure". For more information about this procedure, please contact the reception desk listed in Article 12 (Enquiries Concerning Personal Information)
8. Voluntariness of Personal Information Provision
- (i) Notification of purpose of use
- (ii) Disclosure
- (iii) Correction, addition and deletion
- (iv) Discontinuation of use, erasure, and discontinuation of provision to third parties
If you do not wish to provide your personal information, please uninstall the application or discontinue use of the Service.
9. Secure Management of and Access to Personal Information
The Company has enacted company regulations pertaining to the handling of personal information based on laws and regulations and domestic guidelines, etc., makes these regulations well known to its employees, and takes safety management and preventive measures in relation to the handling of personal information.
10. Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization and Destination for Filing Complaints
The Company will properly delete and dispose of the personal information you have provided in accordance with the company regulations if you unsubscribe from the Service.
The Company will also endeavor to promptly respond to your requests concerning the update of personal information you have provided. However, the Company may refuse to respond to requests that are repeatedly made without good reason and requests for which responding would impose a technically excessive burden (such as the deletion of data from backup data, etc.)
The name of the authorized personal information protection organization to which the Company is affiliated and the destination for filing complaints are as follows:
<Name of the authorized personal information protection organization to which the Company is affiliated>
<Destination for filing complaints>
- Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
11. Revision to these Regulations
- Roppongi First Building 12F, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
- (81)3-5860-7565 (Japanese only)
- (81)120-700-779 (Japanese only)
* Please note that the above phone numbers are not for enquiries in relation to the Company's products and services.
These Regulations may be revised at the discretion of the Company in order to respond to laws and regulations and domestic guidelines, etc. These revisions shall take effect upon the revised Regulations being displayed on this webpage. However, in the event the Company will make major revisions that will have a significant impact on you, it will first provide a reasonable advance notification period and notify you of the revisions in an easy to understand manner through the Service before displaying the revised Regulations on this page.
12. Enquiries Concerning Personal Information
Please direct enquiries concerning personal information to the following contact.
||Personal Information Customer Service Department
NAVITIME JAPAN Co., Ltd.
Minami-Aoyama Tokyu building 3-8-38 Minamiaoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062
||Compliance officers, Legal & Intellectual Property